Motor Vehicle Accidents: We Are On Your Side
At JKFM, we have been helping motor vehicle accident victims pick up the pieces for more than 35 years. Handling personal injury and wrongful death suits involving vehicle wrecks is not simple, but we can resolve your case as efficiently as possible while providing your family the support you need during a difficult time.
We have witnessed firsthand the games the insurance company will play in an effort to avoid responsibility, and we have seen just how crucial it is to maximize compensation for medical costs, pain and suffering, lost earnings and other damages so accident victims can make a full recovery.
Injured in a car accident? Don’t wait another minute; the insurance company won’t.
What To Do After The Accident
What you do in the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident is very important. We recommend that you:
- Stop immediately.
- Assist the injured, and call an ambulance if needed.
- Don’t move the vehicles.
- Call the police and file a report. Obtain the police report number and a copy of the report when it is available.
- Protect yourself and others by turning on your flashers.
- Exchange only your name, address, phone number and insurance information (insurance company, insured, policy number) with the other driver.
- Get names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Get the following information about the other car(s) involved in the accident: year, color, make, model, license plate number and owner information.
- Make sure your insurance papers are in order.
- Wait until the police arrive and assist the officer where possible.
- Admit no guilt or wrongdoing. Make sure your injuries are noted on the police report.
- If a parked car is involved, try to locate the owner; otherwise leave a conspicuous note.
- Don’t leave the scene until the police officer dismisses you.
- Get a thorough medical checkup.
- Keep records of all the doctors you see.
- Keep all medical bills and receipts.
- Call your lawyer and be able to provide pertinent information about the accident, including the date, time and location of the crash.
If you have more questions about a motor vehicle accident, we can help you answer them.
Put Our Experience On Your Side
We have extensive experience handling car, motorcycle, pedestrian, recreational vehicle and truck accidents in Cleveland and throughout Ohio. Contact us today for your free, no-risk consultation with an attorney. Call 216-592-8364 or toll free at 888-341-5854 for a free consultation.