Every vehicle that is placed on the market must first pass a crashworthiness test. However, government crash standards and ratings may not always convey potential defects in auto parts, thus resulting in unsafe vehicles being placed on the road and innocent drivers in these vehicles. At the Cleveland law firm of Jeffries, Kube, Forrest & Monteleone Co. L.P.A., we offer decades of experience handling products liability lawsuits throughout Ohio.
Contact our auto defect lawyers for more information and a free case evaluation.
Defective and Unsafe Automobiles
While many motor vehicle accidents caused by auto defects are prevented when a vehicle manufacturer implements a vehicle recall, usually many accidents have already occurred before the recall. We represent individuals who have suffered severe injuries in an auto accident, such as paralysis, brain injuries, or serious fractures. In addition, we pursue compensation and justice for families who have lost a loved one in a fatal auto accident resulting from an auto defect.
We have thorough knowledge and experience handling all forms of automobile defects, such as:
- Seat belt defects: inertial unlatching, false latching, and other seat belt failure can cause a belted passenger to suffer injuries as if the seat belt was not worn
- Airbag injury: While an airbag is intended to protect passengers from blunt impact, false deployment, or improper deployment, failed deployment can cause severe injuries. Many vehicles now offer airbag safety switches which enable a vehicle owner to turn off an airbag for seats with small children, infants, or other passengers.
- Tire defects: Defective tires with insufficient tread, defective rubber, or other defects can cause car fires, promote tire blowouts, elevate chances for rollover, or instigate other life threatening problems.
- Defective fuel tanks: Gasoline can be a very dangerous chemical in an auto accident. This danger is heightened by defective fuel tanks which leak, are placed too close to the engine, or placed close the rear promoting car fires or explosion upon impact.
- Defective mechanics: Defective engineering can result in imbalanced center of gravity, vehicle instability, or other dangerous defects promoting vehicle rollovers, dangerous steering, or other problems.
Advocating for Injured Clients and Families
Vehicle companies will have countless lawyers working for their interests. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, auto accident, or motorcycle accident involving a defective auto part, you deserve to have skilled counsel protecting your rights as well. Contact our product liability attorneys today for a free case evaluation.